Simon Woodcock looks at the likely effects of current exceptional global challenges on the telecoms sector.
Our experience in manufacturing as well as strategic cost management in a services environment mean that we are well placed to serve the technology, media and telecoms (TMT) industry and its broad range of requirements. We’ve partnered with organisations from print and digital media through to telecoms providers and technology manufacturers to optimise their operations and transform their cost base.
The TMT landscape is rapidly changing. Faced with digitalisation, the reinvention of the media landscape, disruptive advertising models, new channels to market, increased cost pressures and rapidly shifting consumer preferences, professionals in this sector are having to constantly find new or innovative solutions. Our consultants are experts in the industry and understand its unique complexities, ensuring we’re ideally placed to help organisations navigate the ever-changing landscape.
We combine multi-disciplinary consulting expertise and our proprietary digital platform, deploying data-driven insights to deliver quantifiable operational cost savings and embed cost analytics capability, enabling clients to achieve efficiencies on an ongoing basis. Whether you’re looking to make longer-term strategic cost decisions or drive operational efficiencies at pace, we work as part of your team to deliver tangible, quantifiable results.
Our technology, media and telecoms consultants don’t just advise our clients they work with them to deliver complex cost transformation outcomes.
Get in touch
The challenges facing the technology, media and telecoms industry
The industry continues to evolve with many companies facing the challenge of how to manage the transition from a legacy business model to a future one without compromising their core proposition, in the face of increased competition.
Our team of specialist technology, media and telecoms consultants understand these challenges and are able to work with you to identify creative solutions to meet them.
• Increases in the cost of parts such as computer chips, coupled with a reduction in availability of components and materials, will see rising production prices and supply chain challenges.
• With increasing scrutiny relating to environmental issues and e-waste, technology companies will need to grapple with expectations and regulations surrounding production and disposal.
• Technology companies will need to diversify their supply chains and manufacturing capabilities to reduce reliance on specific regions or vendors to minimise disruption.
• How to manage the transition from a legacy business model to the future whilst still maintaining the quality of their content and optimising monetisation.
• People are spending more time than ever consuming media content but in the shift away from print and linear broadcasting to digital, mobile and VOD, there will be winners and losers.
• With platforms such as Google and Facebook taking a significant share of advertising spend the task of optimising for monetisation has become even more challenging.
• In the eyes of consumers, telecommunication companies have very little differentiating qualities which means that companies often have to compete on price alone, creating significant cost pressures.
• At the same time, many companies have to invest in expanding and maintaining their network, including a new 5G network, which requires a large capital investment.
• Telecommunication companies still face older challenges such as supply chain efficiency and digital customer acquisition.
Our technology, media and telecoms consultants are a multi-disciplinary team of industry and operational specialists including data scientists, cost engineers, project managers and supply chain professionals. They are experts who understand the unique challenges technology, media and telecoms businesses face, and have extensive experience of working within the industry itself.
Bringing together our consulting expertise with our digital platform, we are able to deploy data-driven operational insights to embed measurable and sustainable cost benefits across your business.
We do this across:
Using our industry experience and data-led insights our technology, media and telecoms consultants work with customers to identify the right solutions, ranging from quick wins to transformative cost optimisation programmes. For example, we can help clients improve demand management, strengthen and diversify the supply chain or examine the profitability and longevity of products in a portfolio. We also work with organisations to enhance their strategic sourcing processes to procure at the right cost as well as determine the cost over a product’s lifecycle, or analyse what a product should cost and whether to make or buy components.
Using a combination of industry benchmarking, complex data analysis and sector expertise our consultants work alongside clients, as part of their team, to recommend and implement effective changes that will deliver transformative cost reduction and operational improvements as well as sustainable benefits.
Get in touch to find out how we can partner with you to achieve your cost transformation requirements.
Why choose Vendigital?
We are ideally placed to help complex businesses accelerate the transformation of their cost bases.
Client collaboration is at the heart of our approach
We cut through complexity quickly
We're focused on delivering long-term outcomes for clients
We work with clients to set the strategy and deliver the nuts and bolts of the solution
Intelligent approach to cost optimisation through deep understanding of cost and cost drivers
Deliver quantifiable cost reductions through our cost neutral fee structure
A recent report produced by Vendigital and the PPA offers valuable insights into the scale, impact and reach of the UK magazine publishing and business media sector.
When not approached properly, content cost reduction can lead to collateral damage in the form of lower-quality content. Now more than ever, this needs to be avoided.